Sep 5, 2016


Hey lovelies...another week another review! Today i am going to talk about a new Liquid Lipstick love of mine from theBalm Cosmetics, they are fairly new on the market and are bloody good. I ordered 2 shades, actually 3 but i double ordered 1 so i was left with 2 shades!! Stupid me.. i got interested in these after a friend of mine, a Makeup Artist & fellow blogger from UAE +Blend N Smack was wearing a shade and it looked gorgeous on her so i asked and off i went home to order. These landed on my desk a few weeks back and since then i have adored these to no bound. So lets get on with the review shall we....


The 2 shades i have and will be reviewing are COMMITTED & DEVOTED, one pinky peachy nude and the other a bright red. I really wanted CHARMING too and i 'thought' i had ordered that aswell but alas i got 2 Committed. Anyways 1 of the Committed shades is going to my dear friend all the way to the UK! *talk about destiny* Anywho i am mighty pleased with these lipsticks, from packaging to the shades to the formula everything. 


The first thing i noticed after applying these was that they have a minty scent to them and also because of the minty-ness when applied on the lips, my lips felt as though something was happening to them, like a small 'zzing' if thats a word, hope u get what i am trying to say. I know usually Lip-Plumping products have this kind of a feel to them or have something minty in them to do this trick. I did not feel as though my lips had increased in size or anything, the feeling does take awhile to get used too, specially for people who have not tried lip plumping products in the past. This might be new & weird but do not give up because the formula is pretty good. And also my lips are fine, no irritation or any reaction whatsoever. 


Committed is a nice everyday 'peachy pinky nude" shade, as described on the website, on me though it looks a tad bit darker as my lips are anyways darker in general. I do not mind it btw, i love this shade. The shade goes on well and smooth, if your lips are moisturized these will go on mighty fine but if not then you might experience a bit streaking. Nothing major though as the result is pretty beautiful. Stayed on me for almost the whole day, towards the end though i could see that i had eaten the middle section somewhat and only the outline was left 'intact'. I still had color on my whole lip though. This shade almost match's my skintone, so me eating my lipstick was no biggy!


Devoted is a nice bright red which i think most of you guys will want to try on. Its a beautiful shade, kind of reminds me of MAC Ruby Woo bit a bit brighter. The pigment is very strong in this and this one is somewhat more matter than Committed. It went on beautifully and no streaking atall. Stayed on me the whole day and also it did not feather out or anything. The other thing which i personally love are the lipliners from this range. They are stunning. I will be doing a full post on them soon. Sometime this week. Coming back to this lip shade, its a shade that would suit most skintones. It does have that staining ability though so even after removing this i have a nice faint stain left on my lips. A pretty red shade as a whole. 


The swatches above are just 1 swipe and both the lippies went on smooth, my hand is moisturized though. I was swatching other things so pardon the red streak!! :D The liquid lipsticks have a 'cushion-y' feel to them.  The applicator is a standard Doe-Foot applicator, nothing unusual there but its of good quality. The packaging is pretty cute and standard so nothing fancy or unexpected there. 

PRICE: AED150 (approx.)

QUANTITY: 7.4ml or 0.25 fl.oz

AVAILABILITY: Debenhams Middle East or theBalm Cosmetics.com

Hope this review helped some of you to makeup your mind about these NEW liquid lipsticks from theBALM. Have a lovely day people. Until my next post. 
xx

No comments

Post a Comment

© Dairy of Pooja
Maira Gall